jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)

need advice - where can I find people to pay to post on my forum?

1. girly_girl09 profile image79
    girly_girl09posted 6 years ago

I want to start building up the forum on my blog - it's starting to get organic traffic, but has limited posts. Do any of you guys have some reliable sources that you have used in the past? What's the going rate these days per post?

(Feel free to msg me or write on here)

1. Shadesbreath profile image89
      Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you're getting organic traffic, why infect the forums with fake interest?

girly_girl09posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm getting sign-ups but very few posters. I'd imagine people won't post unless they feel that other people will respond. smile

1. DdraigX profile image77
          DdraigXposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Does it auto-reply when someone posts a response to something they post? That's probably the best way to get traffic to a site is to make sure auto-response is turned on by default.

2. Greek One profile image81
      Greek Oneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

what about Amazon MechanicalTurk?

3. PhoenixPoet profile image59
      PhoenixPoetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I will also post on your forum and I DO get paid to write elsewhere by the way.  My website boss would also post for pay.

4. Rhysjc profile image60
      Rhysjcposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your best course of action is probably to promote your forum on your blog. Perhaps develop something where every post on your blog has a thread on the forum which is dedicated to it, where readers can discuss it. More content on your forum and blog will lead to more organic traffic, and things will start to pick up.

5. 60
      blisytesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you could try a great trafic blog very popullar in africa (www.newjoblist.blogspot.com)

2. Paradise7 profile image86
    Paradise7posted 6 years ago

Pay me, and I'll post on your forum!

3. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Content Current used to be called 'forum Boosters"

it HAD a good rep for this type of service .. I dont have direct experience though

Your cheapest options is probably a B/S/T thread on Digital Point

there is software that will populate your forum with keyword based content also

Shades is right though - often these type of services are used to create fake forums not sure how well the content would go over with real readers/members

Consider creating a contest?

girly_girl09posted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks, I will check those options out! I had forgotten the name of Digital Point, I used that a long time ago for content and had good results.

4. TerryGl profile image60
    TerryGlposted 6 years ago

Have you tried fiver.com there are people there who will do forum posts for you for $5. Some even do up to 50 posts and threads.

5. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

I should have mention Amazon turk - they do anything and usually for a few cents

1. Greek One profile image81
      Greek Oneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

6. Sirwilly profile image42
    Sirwillyposted 6 years ago

Try out microworkers.com.
    You can pay anything from 10 cents per post or depending on how much you think the work is worth.

7. Chris Crow profile image59
    Chris Crowposted 6 years ago

oDesk.com is a good place to try.  You can create a job description of what you want done, including what you are willing to pay.  Then workers will apply and you can chat/interview them and see if you want to hire them.

You can do this kind of thing pretty cheaply.

8. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

It's a tough one girly. Trial and error. I did not have much luck with that so far sad

9. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

oDesk and freelancer.com both give you access to thousands of people willing to do this kind of posting at amazingly (by non-U.S. standards) low fees.

10. Sparhawke profile image60
    Sparhawkeposted 6 years ago

The problem with paying people to post on your forum is that when you run out of money they leave.

"Why is my forum not getting anyone posting?" is the question you should be asking.

If they sign up and cannot be bothered, that is one thing. If they just sign up to get paid then that is a serious problem, no matter for the reason you are doing it.

I think forums have had their day pretty much now, everyone hides away in facebook and twitter and it is only the larger ones that have been around that can really weather the storm.

And that is the trick, these large forums are around because they offer something that cannot be found anywhere else, what is your USP?

The forum I moderate is in the online computer games niche, it is a MMORPG game that updates almost every week therefore it brings people in constantly, and being mentioned as one of the top fansites they recognise is a plus too.

Without something to keep bringing back the old hands and attract the new ones you are going to struggle...and you cannot expect paid posters to provide it.

From experience I know that if you have 100,000 members and you have 2,000 of them posting regularly then you are doing really well. Most never even get to these numbers and what you will find as you get larger is that the spammers will find you too.

Most people will come in, post once and then disappear and unfortunately you just have to accept that it happens unless you start charging them for the privilege lol smile

Paid posters can sometimes pay for themselves when they bring in new posters but it will take a lot of investment to get to this point...you might want to try doing some facebook promotion at the same time, as well as digg and twitter...instead of relying on the slim chance that something might end up on the first page of google, go out and grab it smile