jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Strange google format?

1. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

I noticed a few days ago that the Google ad header at the top of my theme park website was showing ads in a different way:

Notice the ads are going across instead of the normal blocks of them. Anyone ever had this happen? I'm not sure if I should make another ad or what? sad

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image79
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have a blog thats showing its Google Ads in a slightly different format, not just different from what you show Bill, but also different to what I have seen in the past.

Looks like Google is finally getting out from just almost pure text adverts.

2. lender3212000 profile image85
      lender3212000posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I heard that they tested several different display formats and found that ads displayed with a look similar to organic search results had a much higher CTR than the block style. It will probably normalize once everyone has been exposed to the new style for a while but for now it seems to be giving my earnings a boost on one of my websites.

2. 2uesday profile image91
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

On Blogger you can select the format of the ad. and alter the colours to match the colours of your Blog.

Somewhere in the Adsense 'set up' you can specify choices too if I remember rightly; there is also page that gives advice about what works best... e.g blending to match the background etc.

3. girly_girl09 profile image78
    girly_girl09posted 6 years ago

I am pretty sure that this is the only option now. Google rolled this out a few days ago and wrote a blog about it. Apparently they are supposed to convert better. I had the highest earning day yesterday on my personal blog and I'm not sure if it is because of the ads or because of my brand new layout. Figures they happened at the same time so I have no way of knowing! big_smile

Although, my HP earnings have been very low since this rolled out.

4. Bill Manning profile image70

Yes I have noticed some good clicks on my own sites the past few weeks. I have several and noticed they are all this format. If it converts better than it's fine with me. smile

5. Bill Manning profile image70

Wow, this is going to turn out to be my highest paying day for Google yet! I seem to be getting more per click with this new format also. Wish they had done this before! big_smile