jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Help Friends HDTV shuts of randomly

1. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 6 years ago

Whenever channels are on or he is playing component(games) it randomly shuts off..He got it last November black Friday. The screen goes pixelated and shuts off, but the light indicated its on. It does not do this when using the computer as a monitor

Is there anyway he can fix and what could be causing this?

1. lxxy profile image60
      lxxyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like a few issues could be wrong...

So, gonna run down a list:

1. Power issues; check to see if wiring is good inside socket, maybe switch plugs for some entertainment items if television is not getting enough power.

2. What sort of connection? DVI, for example, has known issues with it's "licensing" technology..ahaha, it's hard to explain, but sometimes when these ports try to talk to each other they can't decide how to do it securely so they fail unless you restart said items. The issues now are less than in the past.

3. Software issues inside the television, or other equipment connected to it.

Also, keep in mind, even if a television goes dark it may still be on and/or just in a standby mode.

Hope this helps.

1. David 470 profile image87
        David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you! I don't know if these are the issues, but could be I will tell him. Thanks for your input, if you think of anything else let me know.

2. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Probably a power supply problem. I had that on a TV once and they fixed it but it was under warranty. If yours isn't under warranty it could be expensive to fix unless you're really handy.

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Ixxy, excellent post. I thought the OP would be doomed.