jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

I've found a way to make Hubpages articles on the iPad!

1. Danteh profile image61
    Dantehposted 6 years ago

It involves using the "iTeleport" app and apple's "iwork.com" server and it works pretty well! (I even made a Hub explaining it better tongue)

Thought it may be interesting to fellow ipad lovers, I sure was happy to see it work hehe

2. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 6 years ago

I saw on Facebook and on HP's blog that there's an official  HubPages iPhone App now as well. You could try that too.

Yeah, I know. IPhone, iPad. They're not the same. Still. It was interesting.

1. Danteh profile image61
      Dantehposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah I know I tried it, but the problem is that it doesn't even serve to make articles ....only to see how much traffic you have and things like that sad

I wish Hubpages really made a serious app (I'd gladly pay for it) but for now at least we have this temporal solution  tongue

1. Anti-Valentine profile image94
        Anti-Valentineposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, there's something else that I'd like to see actually, and that's an offline editor or something akin to Windows Live Writer. I can write my posts and so on there and just publish them to my blogs later, instead of having to be online all the time to do so. This way I could make my hubs and then publish them without accessing the editing tools.

It's a subject that's been talked about in several threads on the forums, but there are doubts whether it would ever be achieved, due to fears of spamming, scraping and so on.

But an iPhone/iPad app where you can publish articles is also an idea for people constantly on the move I suppose.

3. kokoram profile image60
    kokoramposted 5 years ago

Why not use the browser,but the app.If the browser can do well,I prefer it than the app.
    In ipad,browser's size is just enough large,so you can do everything in it,except flash.
    In iphone,most of the time,I choose the app.

4. 61
    theipadtesterposted 5 years ago

@Anti-Valentine.Thats a very useful piece of informayion.Will definitely look in to it.Thank you!!

5. AndroidSuperFan profile image61
    AndroidSuperFanposted 5 years ago

Cool! Thanks for sharing. Maybe a savvy developer will create a HubPages iPad and Android app.

6. Flightkeeper profile image80
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me if it's comfortable to type on the Ipad for long periods of time?

1. Infoswell profile image60
      Infoswellposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Love my iPad, but haven't been able to handle typing on it for extended periods of time.  I take notes on it, and periodically use it for email, but couldn't see myself writing on it at length.  Couple things are tough for me, one, the keyboard is smaller than normal, two, the keys don't give way to indicate you have pressed them, and three, with no keys, it's more difficult keeping your fingers in the proper placement.

7. JakeAuto profile image72
    JakeAutoposted 5 years ago

It's probably up to Hub Page central to make posting from portable devices a smooth and easy process, I have to wonder if they might have concerns as to the quality of content created on a tiny screen.