jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

Who Uses Tumblr?

1. Garrett Mickley profile image80
    Garrett Mickleyposted 6 years ago

I think Tumblr has huge potential for backlinks.

For those of you who don't know what Tumblr is, it's a blogging platform that has one thing other blogs don't: the ability to "reblog" (like Twitter's retweet).

Does anyone else see the backlink potential here?

I'll write a detailed Hub about it tonight when I get home from work, but I wanted to see who else uses Tumblr.  If you follow me, I'll follow back, and if I see anything interesting I will definitely reblog it since that's what I do on Tumblr.

garrettmickley.tumblr.com is my Tumblr.

Also, I use it for a lot of things, not just posting links (in fact I hardly ever post links) so it will help those of you who care enough to get to know me better.

Also also, you can post your link below for other people.  We should all be following each other on Hubpages, and Tumblr, too!

It's all about helping each other out and growing/building the Hubpages community!

1. BennyTheWriter profile image91
      BennyTheWriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like a pretty good opportunity; I'll definitely look into it more.  Do you think it's better than Blogger?  I guess it would be because of the "reblogging" capacity, as you mentioned...

I'm following you now! Not just for you to follow me, but because you seem to be covering some cool topics  smile

Garrett Mickleyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't replace anything with another thing unless you're limiting your self.

I'm just trying to provide additional places to submit back links.

1. BennyTheWriter profile image91
          BennyTheWriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Are you talking about Blogger?  I was asking because I was about to start a blog with it, and I'm wondering if Tumblr is a better option.  But now that I think about it, why shouldn't I use both?  I'll think of ways to do that.

Well if you're going to have a DOTCOM blog (ex: BennyTheWriter.com) then I would go with Wordpress.org installation (hostgator is a good host, they even have a program that installs wordpress for you).

if you want a simple subdomain free blog (ex: BennyTheWriter.wordpress.com), I would go with Wordpress still, because if you ever choose to go the route I mentioned above, you can export all of your posts and comments and stuff and then import them into your new DOTCOM blog simply.  Plus you can export every so often as a back-up (because I don't trust my host's backup).

2. Christene profile image82
    Christeneposted 6 years ago

I have an account, but haven't used it much.

christene.tumblr.com

I think you should use it AT LEAST to link to your hubpages! I'm pretty sure Tumblr is a PR5 dofollow (at least that's what SEOQuake says).

3. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Tumblr & Typepad Micro are good for backlinks. You can even connect your hubpages feed updates from ping.fm to these two sites.

That's true, but I have found that the best rewards of Tumblr (like getting your links reblogged, which builds more backlinks) happen when you participate in the community, and don't just auto-submit for backlinks (which will only get you the amount of backlinks you submit).

4. thisisoli profile image62
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I use tumblr, however the PR5 is on the root domain, it's not very likely that you will ever get PR5 on your own page.

Hah good point.  I was looking at the wrong thing.  Thanks for correcting that!

5. cherriebum profile image59
    cherriebumposted 6 years ago

I do have a tumblr account..let's all follow each other on tumblr as well as hubpages..

bebisaur.tumblr.com

smile

I would absolutely love to.

6. L R Goodman profile image81
    L R Goodmanposted 6 years ago

Thank you for sharing, I will have to check it out smile

7. 0
    wicklesscandlesposted 6 years ago

I have been using Tumblr for about a couple of weeks now. Been working good for me.

working