jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Can backlinks do this?

1. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

I made an article a few days ago using a very, very good key phase. It's on one of my sites. Surprisingly I show up on the 11th page of Google, not bad for a popular word.

I was actually shooting for a longer phase, and I do show up on the first page for that. But this shorter one would be a gold mine if I can boost it up.

Could lots of backlinks boost that up to the first page from the 11th one? Or should I not bother? Seems like a long way to go but I've been surprised before.

However if it's a lost cause I don't want to waste my time. Thoughts? smile

2. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Everything or almost everything can be done, the question is how much will it cost and how long will it take.

Assess the competition. If you think you can make it with a reasonable effort - just do it! smile

3. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

I agree with Misha. Measure the possible return against the effort it will take. But get creative with making your backlinks too. Create videos for youtube and metacafe using your keyword phrase as the title and watch how fast it climbs.

4. Ivorwen profile image83
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

I would check out how many backlinks the front page competition has, and go from there.

Recently I was checking out a couple of key words for a site idea, and found that the #1 site has over 15,000 backlinks, but the #2 and 3 sites only have 5-10 backlinks.  Becoming #2 would not be hard, especially if my site is more workable than other ones out there.

5. joaniemb profile image60
    joaniembposted 6 years ago

I agree if you think it is a winner then go for it. Good luck

6. Bill Manning profile image70

Thanks everyone, I guess I'll go and try to put lots of links to it. Trying to see how many links the others have is often very inaccurate, as different tools and even Google give wrong answers.

However any links is better than none right? So I guess it can't hurt. I'll let you know if I get it to the front page. Boy would that be something! smile

7. Bill Manning profile image70

Well after some linking I'm now on the 3rd page! But that seems too fast, so maybe Google is just showing that for me as I keep looking for it?

Anyway I'll keep piling on the links, if I get this page to the first page I will be one happy camper!

8. shazwellyn profile image85
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

something worth considering.... it is still a new article and google may not have found the correct indexed position yet.  So, what might be a good page for a good keyword today, might not be tomorrow.

1. Bill Manning profile image70
      Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes that could be. It's only a few days old so it's going to bounce around a bit. I just hope it keeps bouncing toward the first page!  lol

1. shazwellyn profile image85
        shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, but it is always and evolving thing as new content quickly gets onboard mixing up in the receipe.  Nothing last forever, so just keep on producing good stuff and build refresh links to keep your content moving.... structure,structure and more structure always stablises the hub building smile