jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

2 separate facebook profiles

1. Csanad profile image53
    Csanadposted 6 years ago

I am thinking about creating a brand new facebook profile for business use only, so that I could publish my hubs there and my twitter tweets.
    Does anyone of you have two separate facebook accounts for professional and for private use? Do you think it is worth the time setting up and maintaining?

1. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I had several FB account though its a FB violation of TOS. I used to play mafia war from few accounts and I had another one for staying connected with friends. I think for your busniess purpose it will not be a bad idea to have multiple account as it does not take a huge time to maintain FB profile and of course you can share your hubs in both profile.

2. Garrett Mickley profile image81
      Garrett Mickleyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would create a facebook "like" page for business.  That's what I did.

3. internett1t3 profile image60
      internett1t3posted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's a good idea separating those account, one account for business purposes and another for personal use. So yes it's worth the time.

4. 0
      EstrangedDaughterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I believe FB has a policy of not allowing your personal profile to be used for business promotion. However, you can easily create a business "Page." I have done that for my business. I've also created "community" pages about topics I'm interested in. There's no need to create separate FB accounts. Who needs yet another password to remember?

2. andromida profile image74
    andromidaposted 6 years ago

I think having a separate facebook profile is a good ideas-because you can't always share all the personal updates to your business peers.

1. johnorton profile image60
      johnortonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Agree , I am doing same thing , one FB profile for my family and close friends and another for business purpose.

From this http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stellar-D … 5498757833
      fan page I cant send the friend request only people in my network or from FB suggestion tool bar users know about this fan page.

To solve this purpose we have two accounts is the need of hour.

3. Csanad profile image53
    Csanadposted 6 years ago

I found an article which describes how to manage your single account so that only friends or only clients can see the content. the URL is here:
    http://www.wchingya.com/2010/08/manage- … iness.html

However, I think that 2 separate accounts is better (for organisational matters).

4. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

i think it is a good idea for professional people like teachers. For example would you really want your students to see you in party photos draining the dregs of a drink? but you might like to have a professional page where you could discuss and post messages to your students

5. passthejelly profile image80
    passthejellyposted 6 years ago

This is really ironic because I was thinking about doing the same thing. I'm not sure if you can get in trouble for having a purely promotion Facebook profile, but it definitely is worth a try.

1. Csanad profile image53
      Csanadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm guessing if your account is provides value, not just spaming, than its fine. I think, but don't know

6. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Go for it! smile

7. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

To promote a business you need to have a 'fan' page.  TOS on actuall facebook pages say it should be real name and one account with no promotional activities.  But fan pages are designed for businesses, pen names etc and self-promotion is allowed.

8. 59
    talkingfingerposted 5 years ago

We are a social media marketing company, and are among a growing group of professionals screaming for allowing people two personal profiles: one for friends and family, and one to use as the "face of a business" which would then be linked to a business page.
    With so many security issues, and FB constantly changing things, having pictures of your kids on your profile that you also use to keep in touch with clients, and potential clients, just doesnt jive.
    The problem lies in the fact that you use your personal profile to invite people to your business page. So if I meet someone who I want to connect with, and be able to message with etc, they must be a friend. Them liking my business page closes out this opportunity of a personal connection beyond just the business page. BUT I dont want this potential client to see pics of my kids, or posts i make about a Harry Potter movie or something more controversial like a religious debate on my wall.

So we would be allowed on personal profile to keep in touch with family and friends, and people we know who we are fine sharing pics of kids, vacations, and discuss controversial topics, then one personal page that would be the face of the business page which would connect to this 2nd personal profile. Seems simple enough.

The only thing to do, is for all of you who want to be allowed 2 profiles, is to go to FB help page, and you will see "make a suggestion" buried in there. Well, suggest they allow 2 personal profiles. If they get this in motion, you wont ever have to worry about being shut down, your privacy, and what you post where.

Go do it now, and spread the word!!!! Facebook DOES listen, but you need to speak.

1. 0
      Anthony11posted 5 years ago in reply to this

All very interesting but no one yet has told us HOW to create a 2nd facebook profile!