jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

My Amazon experiment ,,,,,,

1. Bill Manning profile image71
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

A few days ago I made an Amazon store in one of my own websites. BUT I did it differently than most do. I did not use those widgets.

Instead I copied each product image, named them the key word, then put them on my own server, in a keyword named folder.

I then put them on my store page, grouped in very niche categories. I only have two so far, but the point is to optimize the page for one keyword.

I then put my Amazon code in each image, along with the key word for each item as a clickable link. Finally I added text to give more SEO power and level off the large amount of keyword density.

It's a very popular item, sure to be a big hit this Christmas. I only have two backlinks to it so far. It ranks #11 now, only one away from the first page. smile

Also soon I will rank high in Google image searches for this item. So doing it that way seems to work.

Now I'll make dozens of other pages like this, grouping each category of item on one page to optimize the key word.

I actually though a store product page would fair bad, as most do. But this way seems to work. smile

1. profile image0
      Richard Stephenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Bill,

Your idea sound interesting.  Please keep us updated as your experiment progresses.  Good luck!

2. arthriticknee profile image87
    arthritickneeposted 6 years ago

Theory seems sound Bill,
    Let us know how it works out.
    Its about time to be thinking Christmas again isn't it

Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. At one time I got to the first page, but now I'm still at #11, just one away. I need to make around a dozen good backlinks, then I should get to the first page. smile

3. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

I like your idea, Bill. Good luck and keep us posted smile

Thanks. I used that new instant search in google. I let it search a common related term and my page jumped to #9. smile

But it's a slow, time consuming process.

4. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

nice, on your Orlando site?

Yup. Did not want to say as I don't want to seem like I'm promoting it, but yes. smile

5. vanchen profile image87
    vanchenposted 6 years ago

Love the idea.  Hope it works out well!

working