jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Does adsense pay so much per impressions too?

1. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

My number of adsense impressions are increasing now, thanks to better keyword using. So much so that I'm noticing 5 to 20 cents a day from channels with no clicks.

Does that mean that adsense pays you for so many impressions besides clicks? If so is it so many per hundred, thousand or what?

I'm just curious about why I'm getting those cents when there are no clicks to those channels. hmm

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Yes, some adverts are PPV. However it only ends up being a few cents per hundred impressions I believe.

There has actually been a thread or two on this topic recently. The general consensus was that there wasn't much point targeting these kinds of adverts since you'd need literally thousands of views to make a few dollars.

However it's nice to know that traffic that doesn't click will still make you a few cents. smile

There's one, although there was another.

Edit: Alright found the other one:

3. TerryGl profile image61
    TerryGlposted 6 years ago

Hi Bill. As an adwords user, we are given the choice on how we wish to advertise on the Google and Partners network. We can bid for a keyword cpc or we can bid for cpm. Thats how many cents we pay for 1,000 views.

Its a cheap alternative but works well on the content network. Very similar what can be done on Facebook. You bid per cpm and not on the actual keyword (cpc).

They pay only on cpm ads in the network, so some smart marketer is using adwords with the cpm model and those ads are showing (targeting) on your pages.

4. Ign Andy profile image60
    Ign Andyposted 6 years ago

Bill, I think you get very high PPV. My number still only 1 cent, that said your 5 times higher then mine.

5. khmohsin profile image61
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

You are really lucky smile

6. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Thank you everyone for your information. I kind of though you did but was not sure how it all worked. It's nice to get a few cents here and there from no clicks at all. Thanks again. smile

1. Cordale profile image76
      Cordaleposted 6 years ago in reply to this

For those saying its not worth your time.. I have days with no clicks where I can make a few bucks! yes my CTR sucks. haha