jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Google "understands" words, typed in non English keyboard layout

1. ReuVera profile image85
    ReuVeraposted 6 years ago

Maybe it is not new, but I found it out only today. Well, maybe it is new. I have three language keyboard, since I type in English, Russian and Hebrew. When I need other language than English, I just switch the language in the language bar in my desktop. Very often I forget to switch back to English and then I type jiberish, while I think that I type in English.
    Today I typed into Google search a word in English, but I had Russian language keyboard layout. Surprisingly, with a jiberish word (Cyrillic letters) I got the right page suggestions!!!! I started experimenting and surprise, Google picks up words, typed in non English keyboard layout! Te same happens when I type words in Russian while I am in English language mode. I get correct Russian results.
    Just wanted to share.

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yes, it's true. You can write Russian words if your keyboard allows you and you google them and get the answer as good as it gets but sometimes very close in meaning. Very powerful beast, Google.

2. lxxy profile image60
    lxxyposted 6 years ago

Yep, it's very fluent in many different languages. The best is combining those with boolean search terms. wink

3. profile image0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

it doesn't studerand evrything I writ. sumtyms i nned tu off track 'em.

1. lxxy profile image60
      lxxyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It doesn't understand "Timmy!" either.

But Klingon....that's another story.

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL hey kid.

2. ReuVera profile image85
      ReuVeraposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So, Google isn't THAT smart after all tongue

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 6 years ago in reply to this

not yit anyway, but one never really knows what will happen.

working