jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Bing - Popularity Growing?

1. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

I have noticed a fair increase in Bing traffic. For months it was a trickle. Here and there, the odd hit. Now, in my stats, Bing is delivering regular levels of interest. I've heard that Bing works differently, re how they define what's relevant, what's not. Like many others, I write and leave Google to do its thing. Bing was/is just another lesser search engine.

Anyone else noticed an increase? Or maybe it's just me? Maybe I'm doing something different, or my hubs have aged enough or some other thing.

I always presumed that Bing had potential, once it found its feet. Thoughts anyone?

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Frog,

Bing only has on direction to go and that's up. lol

So, take it and enjoy. smile big_smile

3. frogdropping profile image84

lol cags - that's how I viewed Bing. I was really wanting to know if anyone else had experienced a leap in views from Bing. You know - just a sign that they're finally getting a grip on Googles ankles smilesmilesmile

4. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

I actually really like bing. If you noticed, Google recently copied how bing does image searches and now does it in the same format.

On my own sites I see bing is sending me more and more hits every month. I think they will continue to grow. smile

5. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Bing traffic on my blogs has always been pretty good and fairly consistent. But Bing apparently just discovered my hubs during the 2nd week of June. I went from maybe one visitor per day from Bing to 15 to 20 per day. Not huge traffic in comparison to Google, but way better than it was!

6. frogdropping profile image84

Bill - I'd noticed the picture viewing upgrade with Google wasn't aware that Bing were the ground breakers there, and thanks for your answer smile

lrohner - see, that's what I'm talking about. The difference for me, though the numbers are hardly stratospheric are thus: up to one month ago, around 3000 views. This last month, 1200 alone. Big difference. Huge. Ta smile