jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Metal Gear Solid 4 coming next week!!

1. Junkster profile image60
    Junksterposted 8 years ago

Hi everyone, I was jsut wondering who's looking forward to MGS4 coming out next week?  I'm chomping at the bit for this game to get released.  Which is a bit sad since I'll be dropping all the games I'm playing presently to enjoy MGS4 (GTAIV, Rockband, Kane and Lynch, Lego Indana Jones)

I've even gone crazy enough to pre-order the UK limited edition....so yeah, a tiny bit enthusiastic about it! smile

2. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

The only reason I haven't requested a review copy of the game is because I don't have a PS3.  Ugh!

I'll be going the gamergirl mile to present as much information as I have and can research about the game, though, so watch out for it!

3. Junkster profile image60

Cool, although forgive me if I don't read it until I've had a decent run at the game myself! smile

4. spooon profile image70
    spooonposted 8 years ago

Played it and it's fantastic. A good 2 hours into I think and the cut scenes are like movies.

Pretty on my 65" component 1080i rptv and my 32" lcd hdmi 720p. I prefer the LCD if you have a choice.

The online stinks! It's so slow compared to other games like CoD4 and Halo series. I know it's a different game but unloading a clip into someone and getting wasted by their pistol has got to be messed up.

I gotta spend more time but my first 1hr was not fun.

The online update is freaking huge. There is a bit torrent version to download which still took like 4 hrs for me.

Oh, I got my game using this gaming service http://hubpages.com/hub/Goozex

Turns out to be $50 for a complete game which includes shipping. Also add to the fact that I didn't use money because I just traded in a couple older wii games and I had some credits left from referring people to the site months ago.

The gaming community is huge there so game like MGS4, Gears of War, and Bioshock are plenty.

I don't see many gamers here so I figured I drop in and say hello!

5. TravelMonkey profile image61
    TravelMonkeyposted 8 years ago

it rules,

had it for a few weeks now but from the half hour tops I've spent on it i know i will need to devote more time to it, specially with the fantastic cut scenes :-)

looks stunning, lots of cool new features along with managing to retain the original feel of the games. the iPod device feature is a nice touch, would be better if you could equip other devices at the same time though...

either way, no faults so far, and dont expect any!

6. Junkster profile image60

I'd argue the online gameplay was pretty cool, different too.

I'm pretty awful online most of the time but being able to sense where everyone is is pretty cool.  I'm the first to admit the process of getting online is pretty lame, only one online account for free? My brother started playing online before me and so I ended up having to pay for more and not just one, it was five more!

At least he paid me back for that, not happy about the paying for addons too, games like Team fortress 2 add stuff all for free, and burnout too.

But yeah, completed the game three times now and still have to try again to get some stuff like the stealth and bandanna.  I have the assassin's creed costume that does bugger all though. sad

But the solar gun is good for laughs...