jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

6" or 9" Kindle...which do Kindle owners prefer?

1. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 6 years ago

I know there are many hubbers who have these Kindles, so I thought I'd ask on the forums about this.

I've been thinking about getting one eventually, but I'm concerned about the smallish-size screen on the 6" Kindle, because I read fairly fast, and it doesn't look as if the screen holds more than two decent paragraphs at a time, which would mean a lot of scrolling or page-turning(not sure how it works yet), on my part.

I know that the 6" is much more affordable right now, so most people probably have that one.  Are you satisfied with it?  Would you rather have the bigger screen, if you could?

I'm honestly and sincerely curious--I don't know anyone, personally, who has one, but I'd like to get more than one opinion anyway!  big_smile

1. 60
      nbbatt.composted 6 years ago in reply to this

I like the smaller kindle, screen 6' is my option. Handy gadget.

2. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 6 years ago

Anyone???  I think I may have posted this way too early this morning, lol...  big_smile

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I have the original size of 6" and I love it. It's just the right size to hold or prop up in bed. you don't have to scroll at all, you simply click next page and it's there immediately.

you can make notes while reading, find definitions of words while reading. you'll love it. there's so much you can do on one device, it makes it handy.

1. TamCor profile image81
      TamCorposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks rebekahELLE--I was wondering how the page-turning worked, lol...

So it doesn't bother you to have to switch pages so often then?

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
        rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

not really. it becomes very concise, much easier than turning a page, especially if the book is heavy or big. you can also click 'previous page' on the left if you lost your train of thought. the 'next page' is on the right.

if you go to the kindle page on amazon, it gives lots of info and videos. the bigger one is heavier and can hold no more books that the 6 in. the battery works longer on the 6 in. if you do purchase one, remember to turn the wi-fi off if you're not using it as it does affect battery life and how often you need to recharge.

4. Alavux profile image59
    Alavuxposted 6 years ago

I have the latest generation Kindle 6" with 3G. Pretty much as soon as I purchased it I thought I might have made a mistake. Thankfully I didn't change my order though. It is just right.

When I read, I am often lying down on my sofa. The 9.7" version would be too much of a hassle and too heavy for me to be comfortable during a long reading session.

The page turning buttons do not make it change pages instantaneously but it is fast. Admittedly, I would like it more if it was even faster. However I think that the smaller, lighter more portable version is better than a the larger, heavier and bigger DX even though you would have to change pages less.

For me, the smaller size is best.

5. Alisha2010 profile image60
    Alisha2010posted 6 years ago

Just thought you would be interested, TamCor. My company is giving away a 6-inch Kindle (ends Oct 31). I want to buy a Kindle very badly. My friend has the 6 inch and it does not look hard to use. Plus, it fits nicely in her purse.

6. tritrain profile image76
    tritrainposted 6 years ago

I'm still waiting for the paperback version of the Kindle.