jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

2nd, 3rd page of Google all the time,,,,

1. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

I'm noticing that with almost all the articles I make in my websites, I end up on the 2nd or 3rd page of Google for that keyword.

I suppose that's good, but if your not on the 1st page you might as well not rank at all. Many are right at the #11 spot, just one away from the 1st page.

Any idea how to give those just a little push to get to the first page? I suppose more backlinking would help, I just don't have time to do that much.

It's just frustrating to always see my articles so close to the first page yet never quite get there! hmm

2. carla_easley profile image77
    carla_easleyposted 6 years ago

Do you submit your Hub to article directories? If you don't you should start distributing one article to hundreds of article directories using the keywords of your choice. Also join social bookmarking sites and submit each of your articles on those sites as well smile

Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well actually I'm talking about my own website pages. I make many blog articles. Yes I do the social bookmark stuff.

Article directories don't seem to do much unless you do hundreds of them, as you said. I'd rather do a few quality backlinks than those. smile

3. Never_Forget profile image58
    Never_Forgetposted 6 years ago

The only answer is to keep producing dofollow backlinks that have proper anchor text. Try doing some guest posts on other blogs. This method works good because it puts your links on sites that don't have a lot of link-dilution.

Thanks, I've actually recommended that myself. I guess I just need to get more time so I can do more linking. hmm

4. fdoleac profile image60
    fdoleacposted 6 years ago

Think long tail.  It is easier to get on the front page of Google if you write an article about the Top 5 Laptop Computers under $400 than the Top 5 Laptop Computers.

Ahh yes, long tails. I do rank for many of those, thanks. But sometimes I'd like to be able to rank for those main keywords that I seem to be almost able to get on the front for, you know?

But thanks, your advice is solid. smile

2. 0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Great, I expect to see 200 articles with that title by the morning!

<link snipped>

5. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

I assume you checked out the competition before going after the keyword? Do you really believe you can beat out the page 1 SERPs for that keyword? Any PR3 or lower sites on page 1? Yada, yada, yada... smile

Although it's doable, it would be pretty darn difficult, for instance, to beat out the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, the American Diabetes Association and the Mayo Clinic when going after most diabetes keywords.

No I must admit I don't do that. I pick a good keyword for my niche, pick one that does get too many searches, as those have the most competition.

Then I just go for it. PR does not matter as much as most think. I see plenty on the first page with PR of 1 or 2.

But I suppose MOST on the first page would be hard to beat. Being #11 could still make you far away from overtaking the 10th spot I suppose. hmm

6. TerryGl profile image61
    TerryGlposted 6 years ago

Hi Bill,

If it is wordpress based I use the plugin:

SEO Booster PRO  PRO VERSION - Boosts your Search Engine Traffic Automatically! Version 1.7 By myWordPress.com

It is a widget that takes the second page keywords and places the keyword in the widget (sidebar).

For some strange reason it works. The added benefit is that visitors actually click on the links of the widget.

Maybe that would help, otherwise automated profile building software targeting the keyword works everytime for me.

The alternative is to have a text box in your side bar with the anchor text urls of the keywords sitting on page 2. That works well for other non wp sites.

7. 0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago

Bill I am on the first page on google and I am in the first position with my 1 unpublished hub. I done no promotion and I am not selling anything on the website. As far as I am concern it is to just write quality hub and it will find it's way to page 1 and first on the list on page 1 with google like it done with my 1 unpublished hub. Wish you the best.

8. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Bill I've got a local travel website and I've started to include videos about attractions that I've made myself. Cape Cod isn't Orlando, but it's still a competitive niche. The videos are really pulling quite a bit of traffic.

You might also think about where your visitors are coming from. Cape Cod has so many tourists from the UK and Europe that I gave European hosting a shot. Traffic on that website is totally amazing!

I'm lucky that my nephew is a professional film editor and knows actors and people to do voice overs, and all that stuff so the product is awesome.

9. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Thanks again for all the advice. I'll check out that plugin TerryGl. smile

Nelle, videos are a good idea and I do make my own and have a youtube channel. I have a dozen or so I made myself on my site.

The traffic to them is not all that great, maybe I'm doing something wrong. I also use photo galleries and those get clicked a lot.

Anyway thanks again, I noticed one of the keywords I was working on finally got to the 10th spot, but no telling for how long. hmm