jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Reliable Laptops

1. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Can anyone here recommend a particular brand of laptop as being especially reliable in terms of components actually lasting. I'm leaning towards Samsung because my dad has one and not only are the graphics great (much better than mine), his stays cool no matter how long it is left one whereas there are times when I could almost fry and egg on mine which of course is shortening its life. I don't want or need a gaming laptop - just a good reliable machine that will allow me to work online and allow me to watch movies now and then.
    Also, which is better - a 32-bit windows 7 Home Premium or one with 64-bit windows 7 Professional?

1. Sekharg profile image77
      Sekhargposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have used  IBM ThinkPad ( now Lenovo), and Dell laptops.
      They were good to me.

I heard HP laptops are good also.

You should go for Windows 7 - 64 bit

What is your budget for the laptop?

1. SiddSingh profile image60
        SiddSinghposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have also been using Thinkpad (R60) for the last three years. I have visited the service center just once - and that too for an OS problem.

The cooling system works just fine, much better than the other laptops I have seen. My brother has changed two laptops in the time that I have owned this laptop.

2. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

smile Agree

3. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

My last 2 have been Toshiba Satellites and they have served me well.  I'll be looking for a new one too around xmas and I'm not sure I want to go with another Toshiba. 

Josh, do you think that Lenovo would be good for video production.  I know Macs are best for that but I've never owned a Mac and not sure that I want to.

4. Joy56 profile image61
    Joy56posted 6 years ago

i want a laptop a reasonable price one... well o.k. cheap

5. cindyvine profile image84
    cindyvineposted 6 years ago

With all our power surges here it affects the battery.  Even though my Acer is only 10 months old, the battery can only hold charge for 7 minutes!

6. lordkadda profile image62
    lordkaddaposted 5 years ago

I used acer aspire.
    Good for me and battery coul hold up to 3 hours

7. hbcode1 profile image59
    hbcode1posted 5 years ago

Laptop quality will vary within different brands depending if its an entry level or business laptop, but overall according to the SquareTrade (company that offers warranties on products) laptop reliability report ASUS and Toshiba are the most reliable.