jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Hey people! About internet speeds....please share

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
    schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago

I have RCN....it's prettygood but sometimes slow

I know Verizon Fios is like the fastest but,

I want to cut corners, so I have ordered NetZero.

I figure I can spend less time online, and copy and paste word docs into hubpages -as i prob should-

I need to save $ basically.

Question: Is Netzero any good compared to RCN dsl or verizon dsl?

I appreciate your feedback.

1. Rhysjc profile image61
      Rhysjcposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have no idea what you're talking about, things are obviously very different here in the UK haha smile

2. manatita44 profile image82
      manatita44posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I also do not know that of which you speak, but you seem to wish your computer to go faster. Many things can be done.

1. Go into Disc clean-up and clean the old files.
      2. Defragment the computer.
      3. Empty your recycle bin.
      4. Clean and defragment your Regisrty. Some good programmes will do this for you. I use Tune-up utilities. easily available on the net.
      5. You need at least 2G of Ram in your computer or more. If you right-click on the computer icon and go into properties, it will tell you. To know what you need, you can go to Crucial UK. They will help you.
      6. Minimise your start-ups.
      7. Lesson your icons on the computer.
      8. Keep your Explorer or Chrome to the minimum. Tune-Up can do this for you.
      9. Have broadband or Fibre. Faster than Dial-up.
      10. Be sure to have a virus programme. Bitdefender; Max secure, etc.
      11. Clean your computer with malware anti-malware.
      Check and upload new Drivers as necessary.
      It is possible to wipe your computer clean after saving the files you need on a hard disc, and then start with a clean computer. make this a last resort, it takes time.
      Finally, you also restore the computer to a date in the past when it worked well. Much peace.

Come back to me with questions.

2. kashmir56 profile image61
    kashmir56posted 6 years ago

SGFR, i had NetZero when i first got on the Internet and it is real slow, and I don't think it would be much faster now I have Verizon dsl now and at a good price and it is fast.

3. SandyMcCollum profile image85
    SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

I used NetZero when it first came out and it was good for free. I haven't used it in a long time now, tho. I can only imagine it has improved since it's still around.

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
      schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i hope so! I noticed it has the dial up and the faster one....we'll see
      I am kinda hoping it will -keep me off the computer more at home, know what I mean? and I can copy + paste my stuff into my hp.

plus it will save $ on my budget.

4. 61
    nbbatt.composted 5 years ago

I use net connection by telephone number and had a modem and the speed is 256Kbps unlimited it is more than enough to browse and it is more than enough enough to download.I think depending on the usage we should select the internet speed by that the cost also varies.

5. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

The last time I used netzero they buried me in spam. That’s right, netzero buries their own customers in spam. I’d be very interested to know if they are still doing that.smile Good luck with them.smile Let’s hope they have changed and that I am wrong.