jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

This Is Too Creepy

1. 0
    Whikatposted 6 years ago

I just found this creepy website while doing a search. It seems to be snippets from  past hubpages comments section, but none of the comments are the actual comments they look like they have been spun.

I cannot figure out who owns this site, because it is a foreign language for me. Does anyone know anything about this site?

http://hi.baidu.com/qciqwubp/blog/item/ … 57ee9.html

2. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

yep - just scraped content its not very uncommon, how did you find that?

My yahoo answers from years back get copied,scraped and reprinted all over the net all the time, lucky for me , they usually keep my links intact.

But often, the link texts get spun too!

..I dont see how its "creepy" though

1. Diane Inside profile image87
      Diane Insideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is weird though, I mean what is the purpose in doing this?

2. 0
      Whikatposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Sunforged,
      I found the site, under my profile name "Whikat"  3 or 4 pages down. I like to check the search engines every now and then to see what Google thinks is important when it comes to my activities.

I think it is creepy because they have not copied the hub itself, they have just scraped and disfigured the comments section of only one particular hub and turned it into a whole webpage. What would a person gain from doing so? I will think twice before using the comment sections from now on. I did not know that someone would be allowed to twist my words to say whatever they wanted and post them on a different site.

3. SiddSingh profile image59
    SiddSinghposted 6 years ago

Baidu is a Chinese search engine, so what you probably saw was Chinese translation of comments translated back into English! That should explain the strange, spun feel!

How did you land on Baidu - from Google?