jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Website Pages

1. 0
    BenjaminBposted 6 years ago

On a website if you have a blog linked with that website as a page of that website does each separate entry of that blog count as a page in the eyes of the search engines or is the cumulative blog considered one page?

I wonder this for the purpose of placing back links to my Hubs. I know I have read that too many back links per page will lessen the validity of those back links in the eyes of the search engines,this is why I am concerned with this.

Any help would be appreciated,thnx!

1. 0
      Rhysjcposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm pretty sure each individual entry counts as a singe page on search engines. The main blog page doesn't really get much traffic from search engines, unless you have a pretty popular topic on your blog.

1. 0
        BenjaminBposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the input Rhysjc.

2. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 6 years ago

Each blog entry has its own URL and counts as a separate page. The blog page is a list of the entry pages with each list item containing certain elements of the entry pages such as title, categories, tags, teaser of content or full body of content, etc.

As far as I know, the blog page appears rarely among search results. Blog entry pages and category pages do better.

1. 0

Okay thnx Haunty I just wanted to make sure that if I chose to put multiple links back to my hubs from each blog post that they would not cumulatively hurt me in the eyes of the search engines as far as looking like a link farm or something.

1. Haunty profile image85
        Hauntyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't know, Ben. I guess it depends on how many links, if there is original content, etc.

1. 0

Yes Haunty some discretion would be in order,obviously I would spread it out and not just continuously link to the same hub over and over.

working