Googles Street View Cars Grabbed Private Data

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

Googles Street View Cars Grabbed Private Data

surprise! Google not only invaded your privacy by taking photos of your home, but also grabbed your passwords and other sensitive information! … vate-data/

2. Dolores Monet profile image92
    Dolores Monetposted 6 years ago

I checked out my house on Google Street Views and it looked horrible! The photo was taken in Jan when the whole neighborhood looked bleak and dreary. So, I turned around and checked out the rest of the street. A couple houses away, the photos were taken in spring. So the rest of the street looks beautiful! Lush, green, neat and wonderful.
    I got to thinking. If I were looking for a house to buy, and checked out my own house on there, I wouldn't dream of looking at my house because it looks like it's in a slum. The site could affect my ability to sell my house!

3. RogerAD profile image61
    RogerADposted 6 years ago

Personally, I love street view and don't mind my house being on it! I am actually in a picture too, saw their car as it drove by and about 4-6 months later, my car showed up. Wish I had thought to do something wink

I love using streetview when checking directions, because I can get a real look at what an intersection or turn will look like. Extremely useful...

In regards to their mapping though, I think they definitely went about it the wrong way.

They could have achieved the same sort of mapping by just keeping track of the names of the wireless networks. I think that would have been reasonable and is the logical thing to do. Capturing and storing all the packets was unnecessary and, I think, in poor ethics.