jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

ebay counterfeit scam help

1. David 470 profile image88
    David 470posted 6 years ago

I recently got a very good deal on ebay. It was a nintendo ds with 66 games. I could not believe that I got such a good deal. At first I thought it might not be legit but the seller had like 1700 feedback wit 99.9%.

Well, ebay emailed me and said they removed the listing because the copyright or trademark owner of this product reported that they believe the item may not be authentic.

I am not sure if this is counterfeit or what, but one feedback out of 1700 gave the guy bad feedback because he said it was counterfeit.

Ebay said I can get my money back. It said if I went through ebay to open a case. Is using a debit card considered going through ebay because I did not pay with a check or credit card?

It says I have to wait 7 days after payment to open one though.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

You can ask for a refund through ebay regardless of how you pay.  If the vendor doesn't refund you they lose their ebay account. Of course you would have to return the product.

David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

well, I have to open a case right? It seems ebay is telling me to do this. Sadly I have to wait a couple more days.

What happens to the item though??

David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I mean if it was in mid-shipment

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

If you want to keep the otem and are happy with it, don't open a case.  It was cheap, if it works you may not care that it is counterfeit.

If you are unhappy with the item, return it and open a case.  Of course it is possible the vendor will do a runner and then you don't get your refund.

But you can't keep the money and the item, and the vendor has very basis for requiring return fo the item before sending a refund.  I guess you could at least try to do it the other way around and see how it goes.

working