jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Software for Flash games

1. submitedgeclb profile image60
    submitedgeclbposted 6 years ago

I am very big fan of gaming as I usually spend more than 5-6 hours on playing games. So I decided to create one flash game for PC. So can anyone knows about it? As how to create these kind of flash games or there is any software which can be used for making these flash games. Please give me some suggestions about it.

1. christoss1959 profile image71
      christoss1959posted 6 years ago in reply to this

These games are programmed in Flash. Flash has its own programming language last time I checked which is not too difficult to start learning. Although learning to write games will be more challenging.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
        paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What is your opinion as to the Flash programming language as a career? Is there any demand for flash programmers that you know of? How old is this language? I've learned over a dozen languages in my time; is this a worthwhile language to get tangled up with?smile

If there is potential, maybe I'll go for it.

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

You may be talking about hardcore programming hereā€¦ C++ or some such. Go to their website and see if they are hiring. If they are, you will see from their job specifications what programming languages are required.

They might also have info about doing add-ons, etc.smile

3. skyfire profile image71
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Flash games are written using actionscript (similar to javascript)which is adobe-only programming language that requires Flash CS installed on your system.

If you want to create games using flash then you need to understand - working of actionscript, particle system, physics, math and little bit AI.

Kirupa.com is my favorite site for actionscript tutorials.

P:S - You can also create games using HTML 5, Processingjs and other javascript libs.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, you saved me from a lot of unneccessary work.

I am not a fan of adobe.smile

4. submitedgeclb profile image60
    submitedgeclbposted 6 years ago

Thanks for your replies as I will also start learning flash programming language.

working