jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Making Money Off of a Forum

1. Cordale profile image77
    Cordaleposted 6 years ago

Can you make money off of a forum? If I led all of my traffic to a forum could I make some money off of it?

1. hobsdv profile image60
      hobsdvposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yes you can, with clever ad placements forums can be profitable

2. 60
      nbbatt.composted 6 years ago in reply to this

yes definitely you can earn money through forums there are many forum sites by logging into it and posting forums you can earn money

2. Bill Manning profile image72
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Oh sure, forums are a great way to make money. Different forum software lets you place ads in different places.

Forums by themselves are also a great way to get traffic to your site. I'm making two of my own, I already have one.

Forums also rank high is SEO, many questions people search for come up as forum topics.

HOWEVER, getting one started is very, very hard. Nobody wants to visit an empty forum. You have to make fake accounts and basically talk to yourself for a few months. lol

You also want to keep all topics on your forum about what your site niche is about. Maybe one "hanging out" place but that is it.

In other words, don't make all these other topic boards like hubpages does. They are big enough to do that, you will not be, nor will it benefit you at all, just gives you more work. hmm

1. Neil Ashworth profile image60
      Neil Ashworthposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Great reply Bill. Try Social Sam membership site software also - it has a forum built into it and offers a ready-made software solution. There are others but this system is pretty well put together.

1. Bill Manning profile image72
        Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, I'll take a peek at it. Did you know wordpress has come out with their own forum software now? All my sites are WP ones so I might use theirs and see how it works. smile

3. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 6 years ago

Wow thats interesting to know. I learn something new everyday here at hubpages.....lol

4. Cordale profile image77
    Cordaleposted 6 years ago

Thanks guys! So What system should I use for maximum Optimization?

1. Bill Manning profile image72
      Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There are lots of forum software packages, free and paid.

vbulletin is one of the most popular and can be configured many ways. But it cost money. SMF is one I use and is free, but requires some coding.

Wordpress has come out with their own forum software for free here:
      http://bbpress.org/

Since they do a good job with WP I'm going to try it out and see how it goes. There are a few more, Google them and see them all. smile

working