jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Different sidebars in Wordpress PAGES, not categories,,

1. Bill Manning profile image74
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

I know how to hardcode the code needed to make different sidebars in your categories in Wordpress.

But now I want to make different sidebars in individual pages. I have been to the Wordpress site and read how they say to do it.

However they just can't seem to write things in a way you can understand. So I still don't know how to do it. I know you can, I just don't know how.

I also don't want to use plugins, I want it hardcoded in the pages. So, does anyone know how, or knows of a site that explains it in a way most could understand? hmm

1. content profile image77
      contentposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can  hard code it and create different sidebar files and call them up via page number as well, look at the plugin widget logic to see how to specify page numbers in wordpress.  I would look at the sidebar.php file in your template and make the coding changes in there.

Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, I did not know you responded to my question so long ago! Hmmm, what you say still seems to go over my head. I need a damn visual with this so I can see exactly what I need to do. hmm

2. profile image60
      mrlynnposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You could use my shiny new <a href=http://mlynn.org/graceful-sidebar-plugin>Graceful Sidebar Plugin</a>.  This free, easy to use plugin enables you to have custom content on each page or post.  It does this using custom fields which you create in the page or post.  Just create two custom fields: graceful_title and graceful_content with the content you want displayed and then drag the graceful sidebar widget to your theme's sidebar.

Enjoy!

Thanks but I don't want to use a plugin. They always break or don't work after the latest upgrade.

Besides I know hardcoding it is easy,,,,,, I just don't know how! hmm

2. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

I know a plugin called simply sidebars that can do this job for you. Now that you want to hardcode this solution, better ask the developer of this plugin how he managed it. He's friendly guy and helps quickly if possible.

Twitter ID:

@nathanrice

Thanks, I'll check it out and maybe shoot the guy a message. smile

working