jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

VideoMX Scam watch out!

1. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 6 years ago

Hi, just wanted to let you know about some sort of scam that is going on in the Windows Live e-mail account! I recieved this message with a link yesterday,

Hey, howdy Melanie=------- Mmsorensson left a comment for your video "Melanie-------- on webcam".Click the following link to watch or edit the video:http://u.bb/1me?vid=Melanie---------_on_webcam Cheers,The VideoMX team

I have taken out my surname where appropriate, but you get the idea, it gave me a link to click on to see myself on webcam! and evidently it was Melinda that sent it. Mmmorrenson another hubber. I e-mailed her and she said her e-mail had been compromised. Then today I got a message from janny another hubber, saying she had recieved the same thing with her name on it! supposedly sent by me! so I e-mailed her and told her not to click on the link. so this is just to say that if you get this from another hubber, it is obviously someone trying to get Hubpages writers e-mail and passwords! watch out!

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Thank you Nell. However, I don't have Windows Live account. smile

1. Nell Rose profile image90
      Nell Roseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi, I am not sure if it is Windows live or just your personal e-mail account, it just comes in as a normal e-mail, It looks genuine as I presumed that melinda had thought she saw me on a webcam site and commented. we often e-mail each other so I Knew that she knew my real name, but now janny has got one too.

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh, okay. I'll be on the lookout for it. smile Thank you again. smile

1. profile image0
          Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the heads up Nell! I do not use Windows Live or Hotmail, but will be careful just the same.

working