jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Please help me in choosing web hosting

1. 59
    0xyGenposted 8 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host (bluehost.com) is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)

Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?

I am now checking http://www.hosting24.com/ - offer looks very nice, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
    I have contacted them about this question and they say something that "These days 500GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will run out of disk space we will simply add new 500GB disk drive with almost zero costs and you can continue uploading without any problems".

What do you think about it? Maybe things have changed in last 4 years? With my current provider I get only 2GB of disk space for $10 per month..
    Any ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.

1. Ali Hendaoui profile image62
      Ali Hendaouiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well if they are saying that your account is using a lot of server resources, then I will consider looking for dedicated hosting, because my guess is that you are in a shared hosting. here is a link that should give you at least info about the top 30 web hosting companies out there, check it out and good luck.

2. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image78
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years ago

The things ar really changed in 4 years. In todays situation the offer seems valid.

3. thranax profile image57
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

If your asking my opionion. Get the 2nd or 3rd plan at:

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No! No! No!  I don't often disagree with you, Thranax, but you only have to Google "Nodaddy" to find thousands of people really, really unhappy with Godaddy.  Great for buying cheap domain names but not for hosting.

I'm with Hostgator and very happy, but they've been known to kick people off, too. 

4. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago

Yes, of course it's true that you can get unlimited disk space and bandwidth for $4.95 a month. lol lol lol

(And don't you think that companies like google are really stupid spending many, many millions of dollars on buying all those computers and bandwidth, when all they really need to do is get one of these web hosting plans)
    Have a look at the following hubs, where I have discussed many issues involved with hosting.

As you have discovered, web hosts who provide "unlimited" anything have a very special definition of "unlimited".

I'd STRONGLY suggest that you check out the web hosting advice forum mentioned in my unlimited hub before signing up with a web hosting company. Very often the experiences of the users is WAY different than what's promised in the marketing blurb.

Here's a tip - stay away from companies who spend a lot of money on pretty girls, affiliate commissions, and extensive marketing campaigns.

And if you are approaching this with the mindset of comparing all the advertised deals with the view of getting as much as possible for as little money as possible, you're bound to be disappointed again.
    And again.
    And again.

Good Luck,
    Eric G.

5. thranax profile image57
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Nice Eric smile

6. Al Shield profile image77
    Al Shieldposted 4 years ago

Definately Lithium Hosting - highly reccomended:

7. dipless profile image86
    diplessposted 4 years ago

How about

Not sure haven't used them but a good friend of mine with multiple websites rates them pretty highly.

1. Richieb799 profile image66
      Richieb799posted 4 years ago in reply to this

One.com are good in the sense that you only have to pay for the domain and get an adwords voucher but I've had a few cases where they have taken a while to activate my FTP.. and then I tried to purchase one about accepting credit cards and they said I couldn't have it without proof of Identity and business and they still charged my credit card..had to chase them for a week for the refund.

8. Swetankraj profile image80
    Swetankrajposted 4 years ago

I had my website too and i use justhost.com. Personally i would recommend you to look at the plans and pricing. My second recommendation would be godaddy.