Using Article Marketing for Websites

1. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 5 years ago

I have a portfolio of hubs on here... I have learned quite a lot in the last 5-6 months or so. These include keywords, backlinking, niches, and more.

I intend to make a website soon. I often hear that people use there blogs and articles to help there websites. How specifically does this work?

I send back links to my hubs here on hubpages, does the same go for having a website?

Can I use hubpages as means to help a website?

Any recommendations on buying domains, hosts, and CMS too?

I had a recent post on website building yesterday.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I know you have good quality content; however the information here may help you understand what you can and cannot do when promoting your own site:

So basically, as long as you link to your site on only RELEVANT hubs and don't have any more than two links pointing to one site in one hub, you're fine.

Even one or two backlinks from hubpages can raise a low competition keyword site quite a few pages, in my experience.

So write hubs that have the basic topic your site is about and link back to your site somewhere in them.

I use Hostgator. They are really easy to use, they have an almost instant online contact chat which means if you have a problem you can contact them in literally minutes. And they have good rates (I pay about $10/month for unlimited domain hosting.)

As for starting the site itself, if you don't know a lot about coding, I'd recommend going with Easy to install (hostgator actually just lets you install it directly through them) and you have access to literally thousands of different styles, themes and plugins to do almost anything you want with only little or no coding knowledge.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As you know, you can have up to two links to a single domain on each Hub.  I use my dance-related Hubs to promote my dance websites.  It's as simple as choosing relevant words in the text, highlighting them and creating a hyperlink to one of my sites.

Links in your Hub are do follow so yes, they do help. 

You've had good advice from everyone already - find a host and check first whether they'll give you a free domain name. 

You don't need to know any HTML/coding if you use software.