jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)

Another Thieving Moron

1. Peter Hoggan profile image85
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

I syndicate articles on a daily basis. Even though they are syndicated it does not give spammers the right to spin those articles into absolute crap and republish them. A spun version of an article I recently syndicated has turned up on the front page of Google, it’s your typical spun garbage and no attempt has been made to remove the links.

The site in question only steals SEO articles so anyone here syndicating SEO articles should check out http://seofreeinfo. net/

1. 60
      nbbatt.composted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for info, Peter. disturbing intellectual custom

2. L a d y f a c e profile image83
      L a d y f a c eposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yikes. To repeat everyone else, thank you for posting the info!

2. Dale Nelson profile image28
    Dale Nelsonposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the heads up Peter

3. shazwellyn profile image83
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

Maybe they need to be reported to Google?

1. Peter Hoggan profile image85
      Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Already done, and a lot more.

4. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Trouble is it all this thieving just takes up a lot of time and causes aggravation and stress to sort out. Time that we could all be using to write, promote etc

5. sunforged profile image64
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

I just got off the phone with a guy who was displaying my stolen content on his webpage, took me 5 minutes, content was down 25 minutes later.

Its 4am here , I wonder what time it was wherever he was wink

1. CMHypno profile image88
      CMHypnoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hopefully it was awkward, inconvenient, painful time!  Way to go Sunforged!

6. SEO Ibiza profile image60
    SEO Ibizaposted 6 years ago

lol, yes I saw that too.

but to be fair it's one in amongst about five thousand of yours and you've still got the links so it's not the end of the world is it?

it's not like you're syndicating for actual customer traffic from the articles is it? it's entirely links-focused.

blogs that have feeds on them will always get scrapers, even blog link networks, I wouldn't waste my time on it.

7. Peter Hoggan profile image85

I am syndicating for traffic as well. The point of syndicating is to get the target site to rank and generate traffic. Anyway, bring on the next 5000.

1. SEO Ibiza profile image60
      SEO Ibizaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

and lets hope they're more effective than the last lot wink

8. skyfire profile image71
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Peter i think you know about this plugin already if not then have you checked RSS-Footer ? This plugin gives linkback to original article if scrapers are leeching your articles from RSS Feeds.

9. wpbrennan profile image59
    wpbrennanposted 6 years ago

Peter,
    You know of the slogan: "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle." That's all the thief was practicing. smile
    will

10. Peter Hoggan profile image85

Thanks Skyfire, I was unaware of this plugin. I will be puting it to use shortly.

working