jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

EzineMark.com will sign you up without asking permission

1. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

I recently found of my Hub articles plagiarized on EzineMark.com.  I sent them an NOI (notice of infringement)

They reply, informing me that instead of deleting the copied Hub material as I requested, they've instead opened an account using my name and email from the NOI and transferred the article to my ownership.  They inform me that I can delete it or keep it up if I wish.

I delete the article as I sure as heck don't want it on their site, and then can't find any way to delete the account they opened in my name without asking my permission.  I email their tech support asking how to delete an account.  Then I get an email back, saying they don't encourage users to delete their accounts, and why would I want to do so anyway?  (they did say if I told them why, they would delete it)

So then I fired of a somewhat cranky email saying I wasn't about to ever be a member of a site that would sign me up without ever asking if I wanted to join, and please delete my account immediately.  Still waiting to see their reply to that.

In short, watch out for these member-harvesting sneaks if you have to send any DMCA/NOI paperwork to them.

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Thank you Relache. Much appreciated. smile

3. 60
    kkrloposted 5 years ago

Have you received a reply yet?
    I also find that there are other sites do this thing too.

4. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

AND..... What Has happened after this period of 7 weeks? hmm

Are They Still Operating?  Did You Get Chocolates?

5. pufetar profile image61
    pufetarposted 5 years ago

Same thing here. I would just like to know how my article ended up on ezinemark. It's frustrating that article gets more views than those published by myself and position 3 on google for my keywords. I never contacted them, they just opened account with my name without any notification from anyone.