jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Bad News for Content Pirates

1. SiddSingh profile image61
    SiddSinghposted 6 years ago

Google plans a tougher stance on content pirates.

http://googlepublicpolicy.blogspot.com/ … nline.html

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Public searching of takedown requests? That'll probably open up a whole can of worms, hopefully resulting in anyone who does a search on a specific site finding a huge list of complaints if they've used copied work!

And "We will prevent terms that are closely associated with piracy from appearing in Autocomplete." Any idea on what that means?

I'll be interested to see how effective this is.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

autocomplete is something like search assist. but what does they mean by "We will prevent terms that are closely associated with piracy from appearing in Autocomplete"

1. profile image0
        Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Do they mean auto complete as in if I type in saleheens it automatically puts blog on then end of the search parameters?

3. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

It's too bad someone can't invent a computer that senses when someone goes to a site and copies, monitors whether they paste into a site generally associated with their own computer or not (or something like that), and shuts down forever the minute they hit "paste".   mad   (An alternative to having it destroy someone's computer might be a robot arm that comes out and punches their lights out.  lol  )  (Time for me to leave my PC for the night.  I'm getting way too tired and goofy at this point.  roll )    In all seriousness, though, I've just gotten so I'm sick of even looking at my stuff to see who copied what where.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

roll lol lol roll

2. danatheteacher profile image82
      danatheteacherposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I suppose at least we have the ability to search for it fairly easily. Pre-Internet, finding people infringing on content had to be significantly harder to catch in a timely manner.

working