jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

Yet another thief - check your hubs!

1. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

Just found an article of mine posted to two sites by the same thief- one post on ArticleBase, and one on Akira News.
    The guy's user name is Muhammad Umar.

ht tp://www.akiranews.com/
    ht tp://www.articlesbase.com/
    he posts under mens-health-and-beauty, but I am sure if he snitched one of mine, there are more out there.

I have contacted both sites, and am hoping to hear soon. I still haven't had any satisfaction from the last one. Amazon has given me the big ignore about the article there.

Anyway - heads up and check your hubs!

1. 60
      nbbatt.composted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry to hear it. I think it is better for each site to have strict rule and regulation in posting article.
      But sometimes, we have same idea about certain topic. In this case, how to go?

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Thank you RedElf. smile

3. MPG Narratives profile image86
    MPG Narrativesposted 5 years ago

Thanks for letting us know RedElf, how did you find them?

4. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

Actually, HubPages found one of them and posted a "duplicate content" notice in the hub that was copied. I just followed the link to that site.
    Once there, I saw the person who ripped off my hub had posted links to another site, so I followed them and found another copy of my hub there.
    There was no way to leave a comment, but anyone could ask questions on either site. So I asked why that user had stolen my article and posted it there as his own - on both sites.

big_smilebig_smilebig_smile - just the way I love to end a busy day - NOT

5. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

Well, just to update you, one of the articles has been taken down - the one re-posted on AkiraNews. Here is their response:

"In reference to your request, we confirm that the article was removed, and also further state that we, under the terms of use of articlebase.com published same accordingly.

Sounds like they are saying, yes we took it down but we're not really responsible for the content people post.

I have lodged DMCA complaints through AdSense with the other two sites.

6. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

it doesn't pay to write so well,,,lol   wink

7. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

Thanks - I remind myself of that every time I find another stolen hub.

and yet another hub swiper - there are tons of wedding dress articles here so you might want to check if you have written any hubs about wedding dresses or white dresses.

ht tp://4wedding.info

I am having trouble getting a response - the site has no adsense, and though I used the "whosis" feature on SEOQuake to get an email to write to, the supposed owner who showed up in the email account has contacted me to say they don't own or host the site so it's not their problem - what do I do now?

Any help?

1. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can report a website to google whether it has adsense or not (I  just found this out a few weeks ago). Make sure you let them know in detail what the website is doing and with a bit of luck they will deindex it.

Here's the form: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools … &pli=1

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is excellent thanks for that Susanna! Off to fill it in now!

8. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Just thought I'd add to this. I couldn't fill the form out because it would seem that the thieving Chinese site who stole my hub already is de-indexed!

9. sagemore48 profile image59
    sagemore48posted 5 years ago

hi,there,for the Amazon,they may just be too busy,and no big ignore on u.
    and sorry for yr article stolen sad