jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Anyone out there use WordPress?

1. 0
    Donna Ferrierposted 5 years ago

Ok, this is my very first OT question on Hub Pages (I'm such a rebel...LOL). I signed up for two WP blogs yesterday, and bought two different domain names for them. The one problem I have with WP is that it only has a limited number of themes to choose from, but WP doesn't allow you to upload your own theme unless you purchase their software. My question is how difficult is their software to use? Can someone who isn't a coding expert use it, or is it for advanced web designer type people? And does anyone know how much the software costs?

1. yolanda yvette profile image60
      yolanda yvetteposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I didn't like WordPress.   I wanted more customization than I was allowed.  I guess I should've tried WordPress.org.  Didn't know about it intil now.

The only thing I liked about WordPress was having a blog free of ads.  But that wasn't enough to keep me with them.  I'm currently setting up a new blog on Blogger, but I'm also going to check out WordPress.org.

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

My first question is, are you using WordPress.com or WordPress.org? WordPress.com offers you a blog with limited customization capabilities and a domain name like MyDomain.wordpress.com.

With WordPress.org, you purchase a domain name and private hosting and simply use their software -- for free. You can customize either through coding or using pre-built plug-ins, and there are a million themes out there for it -- most free, but some at a nominal cost.

1. 0
      Donna Ferrierposted 5 years ago in reply to this

ohhhh, ok. I was using .com.  I didn't even know about .org. But I did purchase my domains through the .com site. Can I use those domains on .org?

2. 0
      Donna Ferrierposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just solved my own problem I think, Irohner. If I need any more help, I'll let you know. smile

1. Business Info profile image59
        Business Infoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wordpress is super easy to use at basic level and you can get as advanced on it as you could ever want.. love WP.