jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)

Suggestions for Auto-blogging tools

1. fdoleac profile image59
    fdoleacposted 6 years ago

Can you recommend auto-blogging tools or processes for multiple WordPress sites?

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No - you have to actually do some work - sorry. sad

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

I would recommend not using them.

1. sunforged profile image63
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

why would you make that recommendation? (not that I necessarily disagree)

1. psycheskinner profile image81
        psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There are two basic approaches to blogging.  One is trying to provide content of value, the other is trying to game the system.  Auto-blogging is part of the later which IMHO is never the recipe for long term and reliable success and/or income generation that makes the internet a better place.  And I tend to assume, or hope, that is what people are trying to do.

3. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

It depends on what your trying to do. If you mean scraper scripts that scrape other blogs content so you can use it for your own, I think those should be outlawed.

However there are many other tools for blogs that are fine. I have 6 sites that are very commercial. All the post are simple, little 100 word post.

Despite that I make most of my income off them. Since new post will not raise the sites anymore, I'm using an auto post rotator script.

It takes your oldest post and makes it your newest one so your site is updated as often as you want, but your actually doing nothing.

This way I can spend my time on other sites while having complete passive income. Something like that is fine. It's the ones that somehow copy others content or try to game the system that gets me mad.

So what are you trying to do exactly? hmm

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Bill, is that a plugin?  I like the sound of it.

1. Bill Manning profile image70
        Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

HI Marisa, Merry Christmas! Yup it's a WP plugin, you can find it here:
        http://www.dagondesign.com/articles/sch … wordpress/

What I like is that you can set it for however long or short you want the post to rotate. Also you can pick specific categories to choose from if you want.

You know how when you started out you made mistakes, so your very old post look,,,well,,, like crap? Well mine did!

So what I did was add a new category, a general one any post would fit. I then updated the post I want to rotate by adding this new category.

Then I made the rotator only pick that category to choose from. So now it will only go and grab my best post, not all of them.

You also can set how long between your last post. So if you have new ones it will only rotate an old one after an amount of time after that one.

It seems to work fine so far. smile

4. fdoleac profile image59
    fdoleacposted 6 years ago

We are developing 400+ Wordpress sites for real estate agents and lenders by town and need a high volume of content specific to the community. The agents will continue the process up adding content, however in the beginning we want to populate the sites with content.  One option is a WordPress plug in for real estate listings - however no one has written one yet.

1. Bill Manning profile image70
      Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I see, have you considered Wordpress MU?
      http://mu.wordpress.org/

That should help. You might also try an RSS feed reader that could populate many WP sites. Not sure if that would help, just suggestions. smile

You don't need that - you can run a multisite with wp 3. I have just set one up here:

http://demo.bankproperties.com/

That doesn't solve his real problem which is needing content.

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image87
          BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mark- your new site looks amazing and very professional which I know by reputation you are.

fdeoleac- it seems you either need good writers to help you out- I would help for an agreed price? or you need the services of a professional, like Mark. But turning out 400 original decent articles will take you alone quite along time-have you got the time?
          Why not have the site built for you, do some work yourself and hire out the rest. That way you can keep your eyes on the content and keeping your real estate agents happy.

Merry Christmas

Hey Brian - thanks big_smile - and Merry Xmas in the snow for you?

He is probably going to need at least 5 pages per site. That is the minimum I would want on any site.

2. fdoleac profile image59
        fdoleacposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Bill - we are using WP MU and we are now evaluating RSS feeds which look like a good option.  Thanks for the tip.

2. Mark Knowles profile image60

So why not buy the content? You are either going to have to do that, or run the risk of stealing content in any case. Or do you think you can find 2,000 decent articles for free?

5. micand123 profile image59
    micand123posted 6 years ago

You could find rss feeds from the community sites and then use a plugin like wp-o-matic to automatically create post from those feeds. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-o-matic/

A note about Wordpress MU (multisite). You will need to have these sites on a dedicated server if you were to setup Wordpress MU with hundreds of sites. I set mine up with 10 sites on a hosted server and it slowed them down to a crawl.

working