Adsense on WordPress Help Please!

1. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

Having very newly waded into the world of WordPress, I need some help on something that is probably very simple!

The WP Theme allows for ads, but is asking to insert an image path for the banner, and link for the banner.

I have created a banner, but where do I get the paths?  Is it the same as the code or the id?

Is there a simpler way to do this?

Any help gratefully received!

2. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 5 years ago

hmm, I have no idea what the "WP Theme" is , perhaps the wordpress theme that now comes as default with new installs , which I think is called 2010 (twenty ten)?

You do not have the options that your theme is asking for with adsense - adsense is served with javascript, your theme is requesting a image path (link to where your image is stored) and the destination link.

Your easiest solution is this plugin:

I know it says it has changed to "advertsing manager" but I never did the upgrades on any of my sites that used this plugin , so I cant recommend it - adsense manager is super easy to use and configure.

You could also find a more adsense centered theme or learn how to add and change your base theme files so that adsense appears where you want.

The plugin is your quickest solution though.(livewithrichard suggests some good plugins here : wordpress niche blogger

You can still use your current theme, just get some aff relationships that actually use banner ads - for example Google Affiliate Network or some of these:( … h-Hubpages)

3. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

Thanks sunforged for a very thorough answer - I will install the plugin that you have suggested and see how it goes and will read livewithrichard's suggestions

Hope you have a very Happy Christmas!