jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Someone hacked my gmail Acount.Is it posible to hack gmail account?

1. 01jasonlee profile image60
    01jasonleeposted 6 years ago

yesterday evening when i opened my Gmail account what i saw that some of my emails are already checked and some file are also downloaded.Is it really possible to hack Gmail account?

1. Edweirdo profile image95
      Edweirdoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's possible to hack anything if you have the password!

Anyone who knows your email address and knows and/or guesses your password can then access your account.

Change your gmail password ASAP, and if you use that same password for other accounts, change those, too.

1. Abbasangel profile image81
        Abbasangelposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yep, or I know that if somebody knows too many things about like your first teacher etc... and other questions. That they can find out your email account password.

Got to be careful about the things you let people know about you.

Um through those "security questions"

1. profile image0
            Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good point. I always create my own security questions when I sign up anywhere.

Yeah,my brother on the hand didn't use difficult secuirty questions and we showed him how easy it was to access his email!! *oops*

2. simeonvisser profile image89
      simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes but it is far more likely that 1) your password was guessed / sniffed / somehow obtained or 2) your security question and other security settings were not strong enough.

2. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

This may help:
    http://lifehacker.com/5505400/how-id-ha … -passwords

also - do you use a shared computer? maybe you just left yourself logged in - jealous ex-spouse, suspicious parents?

3. Abbasangel profile image81
    Abbasangelposted 6 years ago

Thanks Sunforged, I thought mine were pretty good!! Fixing now... smile

4. Daniel5 profile image79
    Daniel5posted 6 years ago

If you connect to an open wifi network, your passwords might be at risk if it doesn't say https. This new user friendly tool called "firesheep" just came out enabling a malicious user to capture passwords and accounts.

5. allie brown profile image59
    allie brownposted 14 months ago

If this condition happen then you should immediate change your Gmail account password.

working