jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

None of my commercial blogs get any traffic

1. Brie Hoffman profile image82
    Brie Hoffmanposted 6 years ago

What can I do?

1. ChuckHuckaby profile image60
      ChuckHuckabyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Some questions that come to mind:

1. What kind of keyword research are you doing to identify a title that will get search engine traffic?
      2. How many backlinks do you need to build to these hubs to get your keyword titles to the top of a given niche?
      3. How are you building backlinks?

Just some thoughts...

Happy New Year!

Brie Hoffmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I put my hubs on redgage, facebook, twitter, blogger, stumbled, digg...among others.  Whenever I do a keyword search I get frustrated because (and maybe it's because I don't know what I'm doing) the word that I think of isn't there and when I do think of one for a title it's been taken.

I use:  Google Adwords: Key Word Tool

https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/ … earch.none

1. ChuckHuckaby profile image60
          ChuckHuckabyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Google Keyword tool tells you the raw number of searches but doesn't tell you about the competition for a keyword niche so it's only a start for my purposes.

I've written about some of the keyword tools I use on another blog of mine but basically I use some automated tools to check competition and the number of backlinks my competition has.

SEO Quake plugin lets you see your competition for the keyword niche you find with the Google Keyword tool

Brie Hoffmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ok, thanks I'll check it out.

2. livewithrichard profile image83
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

Brie I have A Long Tail Keyword Tutorialthat you might find useful.  Basically, the only way you will get real (outside HP) traffic is if you are writing what people are searching for.  Commercial hubs are no different.  The product you are writing about has to have a decent search volume each month or you're just wasting your time.

3. skyfire profile image71
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Blogs or Hubs ?

Promotion methods and traffic generation strategies will vary a lot for blogs and hubs. For example, you can easily promote your blog using your URL but if you do that with your hub URL or profile URL then it'll appear spammy. Same is the case with backlinks, you don't have to do much backlinking if you choose long tail keywords but in case of blogs no matter what keywords you choose initially backlinking is very important to catch SE attention.

4. getalifestyle profile image59
    getalifestyleposted 6 years ago

What promotional activities you are performing?

These 3 promotional activities work best for me:

1. Guest Blogging
    2. Blog Commenting
    3. Social Media Sharing

Share your blog URL for more tips.

Thanks,
    Kai

5. omgitzme profile image59
    omgitzmeposted 6 years ago

I agree with getalifestyle; my company finds a ton of success with guest blogging. For instance, one of our product categories is hot tubs. One of our writers wrote an article about fun things to do in the winter -- one of the things was to enjoy a hot tub soak. She included a link to our hot tub page. It will do 2 things -- drive traffic to your site (using the existing audience of a high-ranking blog), and provide a backlink to your site (which will make it more valuable to the search engines, hopefully making it more visible in search results, ultimately getting you more traffic).

The trick is to write the blog post first and send it to the blog you hope to guest post on; that's the method we found works best because it's easiest for the blog owner to quickly post. smile

Hope that helps you!

1. Wayne Orvisburg profile image77
      Wayne Orvisburgposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Do you send unsolicited links or do you have a relationship with these bloggers?

working