jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

How to check market potential for a new site?

1. Tumba profile image61
    Tumbaposted 5 years ago

Hey all,

I have got couple of ideas to start a website of my own. I really need help from you guys in terms of letting me understand which all things should I really take care of? How should I start doing a research on the idea?

Thanks as always

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

The two most important things for finding a niche to write in:

>Keyword Research (how much traffic those search terms get.)
    >Competition (how many other sites are competing with you for those keywords and how hard they will be to beat.)

1. netlexis profile image81
      netlexisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And once you've got keywords and competition figured out, then you have to decide how to monitize -- adsense, affiliate marketing (and what type).

3. submitedgeclb profile image60
    submitedgeclbposted 5 years ago

One frequent business goal is to increase market share. There are three logical ways to capture a greater market share:
    (1) Secure more business from existing customers
    (2) Enter new markets
    (3) Penetrate existing markets to a greater extent

4. Tumba profile image61
    Tumbaposted 5 years ago

Thanks to all and thanks to HP... smile

I will work out to improve my knowledge on keyword research and competition. Finding a niche, is what I find a little difficult. Any suggestions... ??

5. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 5 years ago

The honest answer is that there is no way to know that. If you understand a valid long-tail strategy, the keyword tools don't work. The keyword tool is also backward looking and won't pick up new trends.

6. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

Transfer the domains over to me, if they have market potential I will keep them, if they dont I will let them expire big_smile