jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Links in Footer, Sidebar vs. in Content - Not a duplicate question

1. snakebaby profile image74
    snakebabyposted 6 years ago

If say, I have 8 of my own web sites, they all linked to each other based on relevant content; at the same time, I've had some pages naturally linked to any one of them (related) inside the content. I've learned from this forum that links in the content should work better (and it makes sense). Now my new question is: does it hurt to have all my sites linked to each other since I believe it should be easy for SE to detect these sites belong to one owner? Especially if this way would hurt my ranking if most of my sites do not have good ranking themselves to begin with? I've observed that google again has just changed its ranking algorithm after Christmas (mine were greatly affected sad ), but unsure if this has something to do with the way I linked my sites. Any insight/advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Few of my sites are as old as 9

2. snakebaby profile image74

oh, no, my question was drowned, must lift it up manually...

I'm actually anxiously waiting for some advice on this, since I want to revamp the linking part throughout my sites asap to see if that would help

3. snakebaby profile image74

Does it mean no one knows the answer or there's answer already somewhere here and my questions is redundant? sad

4. Bill Manning profile image72
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

I think you did not give your question enough time. wink

I can only speak for myself. I have a very interesting setup with 7 sites. They are all wordpress and I made them so that each site is a category of the main site.

So, it looks like one giant site, yet is actually 7 different sites. They all do well and they of course all link to each other.

I also have other sites where I link to each other and I'm doing fine with them. Others may say it's not a good idea but I think it's fine. smile

snakebabyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

For this particular case 2 hours is really a long wait, especially typically hubbers jump onto new questions fairly quickly, and new posts come in every minute, so I was worried no one would see my questions, therefore had to keep "lifting" it, hehe smile

Thanks for the comfort, though I am still wondering why I lost all the traffic I enjoyed before Christmas, and linking all the sites with one another was the major change I made not long before that, that's why it left me wondering. Hope there are more insight from other hubbers' personal experience so I could be comforted more smile

5. Bill Manning profile image72
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

I've noticed strange traffic shifts too since the 1st. Even my ISP seems to be different, it's not "seeing" some of my scripts on my websites, strange.

So just relax and let it all work out for a few weeks. Got to get all the 2011 glitches worked out. wink

snakebabyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I sure hope things would work out on their own, though I'm positive some major changes have happened in google SE

working