jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Stuck with my first Domain and need help or guidance

1. oderog profile image38
    oderogposted 6 years ago

I have registered my first domain and I need some guidance on how to continue
    1. How do I install my word press theme on my domain - In my CPanel no plugin installed
    2. What id the best way to transfer my files and the procedure

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Re. 1: Go to wordpress.org and download the installation file, then follow the instructions. First, check out whether your host offers simpler installation from within the control panel, as many hosts do.

Re. 2: Use an FTP client such as FileZilla (free, open source). The user name, password and ftp address should be available from your hosting provider.

oderogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the first step just to ask where under the control panel do I get this "First, check out whether your host offers simpler installation from within the control panel, as many hosts do."

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't know, it certainly depends on who your hosting provider is. I use Network Solutions, where it is listed as "open source applications" as part of the site enhancement tools. If you have a major provider, chances are pretty good they will support internal installations.

Thanks let me get back to my domain hosting company on the same

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

You are welcome, good luck with it!

4. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

CPanel has auto-installers for wordpress, drupal and many other web based softwares. Most likely your Cpanel contains these two software installers - Fantastico-Deluxe and Softaculous.

You can either use fantastico deluxe or softaculous to install wordpress. Do read : http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress

Thanks Skyfire let me read the thread and thankful for your contribution

working