jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Stop Your Mac going to sleep tonight...

1. Midnight Oil profile image89
    Midnight Oilposted 6 years ago

Give it a dose of Caffeine...

Caffeine is a great little free app for your Mac or Macbook from going to sleep or screensaver cutting in while you are busy.. wink

<snipped link - do not promote your Hubs in the forums>

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
      wavegirl22posted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is not within the rules to start a thread for the purpose of self-promotion. The only place you can start a thread with a link to your own hub is if you post it in the Extreme Hub Makeover, or the Need help forums.

Might be wise for you to read this

http://hubpages.com/help/forum_rules

Midnight Oilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the advice -  It wasn't original intention, I was trying drawing attention of  Mac users to this useful little tool, especially if you are a writer.

I have should have used the Caffeine app link instead... wink

http://lightheadsw.com/caffeine/

I am grateful to you for pointing out my mistake  - Hub pages is big leaning curve

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
          wavegirl22posted 6 years ago in reply to this

that it is! And a great place. The forums are great to learn the ins and outs. So is the learning center.

Good luck to you om here, and I am glad that you understood where I was coming from!

Midnight Oilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lesson learnt - in fact, I have been 'punished' by the universe today for my little mistake on here.  Just checked  my Hub account - The Caffeine hub has only a few views since it was published, and all my other Hubs have hardly any views at all. 

Pays to play by the rules  it seems wink

2. matherese profile image61
    mathereseposted 6 years ago

Interesting hubpage

working