jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Wordpress double spacing (change)

1. David 470 profile image86
    David 470posted 6 years ago

Whenever I use wordpress, everything is automatically double spaced on the pages. I am trying to make a list for something on one of my pages. How can I prevent wordpress from automatically double spacing everything?

Otherwise, if I make the list, its going to take up more room etc...

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Why not make it a bulleted list?

2. WryLilt profile image85
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Have you tried using HTML

<ul>
      <li>One</li>
      <li>Two</li>
      <li>Three</li>
    </ul>

David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Actually I figured it out. You hold shift then press enter. I feel like an idiot. hmm

1. profile image0
        frantiicposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just a FYI, holding shift when pressing enter clumps your text into the same paragraph (whereas pressing just Enter creates a new paragraph). Google heavily relies on the HTML semantics when understanding your page's content. If you want to do everything in your power to ensure that Google's algorithms can properly understand the content on your page, I would suggest using a bulleted list rather than extending the paragraph.

If you're not content with the way bulleted lists look, you can always modify that with CSS.

Oh, thanks.

2. David 470 profile image86

WryLilt, or anyone,

Is there a way I can make a title for a bulleted list in each one? If I type it in visual, I can not get a title close enough.(to much space)

Update: Never mind, I got titles for each one, but for some reason it appears farther away in visual text than it is on actual webpage.

working