jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Mouse acting funny

1. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

My mouse has been acting funny for a few days. It is treating single clicks like a double click so that I post twice, or deal two rows of cards in Spider. It's also really sticky when I try to copy paste or insert the mouse between letters to edit. It wants to highlight everything around it, so that when I insert the missing letter, all my words disappear.
    Sorry not very good at explaining the problem here, but suddenly editing or using the mouse is difficult.
    Changed the mouse and it's still the same.
    Running Windows 7 Home edition on a 4 month old laptop with an i3 processor and plenty memory.
    If anyone asked me this question, I'd suggest looking at recently installed programs for a conflict, but I haven't installed anything recently.
    Any ideas?

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

You could check whether there is sufficient RAM and virtual memory available. If the computer is sluggish, it could cause the mouse to behave like you describe.

3. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Well I've just increased the virtual memory so we'll see if that helps. Many thanks for your assistance smile

4. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Got any other ideas - its still the same sad

5. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 5 years ago
    1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for that Skyfire.
      I already suspect the problem is software related because my other mouse acted the same while both are fine in my older laptop. I'm going offline now and will check the mouse in safe mode and go through all those steps advised later.

6. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Just thought I'd update to say that the problem is fixed. I think it was caused by an iffy shockwave flash file. Updated it and is OK now smile

1. Daniel Carter profile image89
      Daniel Carterposted 5 years ago

If it happens again, apparently you can get a replacement:

2. Pearldiver profile image86
      Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

Oh I'm Soooo Pleased that you didn't have to put the mouse down! yikes

Great Minds Daniel smile

3. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago

That piccie is cute!!