jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Nook vs Kindle

1. h.a.borcich profile image60
    h.a.borcichposted 5 years ago

Anyone have the Kindle and/or Nook? I am interested in knowing the pros and cons of both.

2. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 5 years ago

I have both a NookColor and Nook3G. The biggest difference is the nook lets you borrow books for free from the public library system and will let you share some of the books with nook users NOT on your account.

The NookColor is somewhere between a traditional e-reader and the IPad. The web browser is very spiffy and I love the free Pandora. Because it's an android operating system, application developers have been invited to submit apps and BN says the app store will soon open.

You can also call or go into any Barnes and Noble store with any problem and they'll help you.

3. h.a.borcich profile image60
    h.a.borcichposted 5 years ago

Thank you Nelle smile I have heard one ereader lets you barrow books to other users too - must be the Nook. I like the idea of accessing the library as well as I am at times physically limited by health problems. Thanks, Holly

4. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 5 years ago

I should have also said how much I love my Nooks. If you have WIFI in your home the NookColor is fantastic. You don't need a book light because it's backlit and you can check and reply to your email, while you're reading. As well as check in on the HP forums.

If no WIFI the Nook3G is a wonderful ereader that lets you download books anywhere yo have a signal. But it uses e-ink so you need a book light.

Sometimes I have backspasms and it's hard to go to the bookstore. I love laying on my couch, finishing one book and then order the next in the series.