jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Are Macs all about looks these days?

1. 0
    Baileybearposted 5 years ago

I use a PC at home and a Mac at work.  The Macs are more expensive than the PCs & the latest models look 'cool' but don't look particularly comfortable.  Are they more interested in looking slick & space-age than ergonomics?

Is a Mac really worth the extra expense?  Have heard the guts are very similar these days.

1. Randy Behavior profile image79
      Randy Behaviorposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Macs are intuitive, PCs are not... in my humble opinion.  Who cares what they look like with gel skins at the ready.

1. 69
        logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Kinda reminds me of an old girl friend! smile
        Nice to see you in the forums again Randy!

2. KodeKaran profile image59
      KodeKaranposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Eheh. I've actually written out essays on this subject.

Macs might look all pretty on the outside, and the OS might look pretty nice too - but it's 'pretty' doesn't make it double the price! As well as that, they are completely unstable, and misleading.

They appear to be fast, because in which the file opening sequence has been programmed, which decreases stability and increases the likelihood of crashes.

Also, it is extremely incompatible with, well, everything! It doesn't support Microsoft's coding platforms (C(#/++), VB, etc), which account for about 30% of all applications that have been distributed.

If you've had an Apple device for over two years, chances are, you've been to Apple support at least once!

Changing your hardware, or attempting to do so will void your warranty, that is just silly, and adding in RAM (Random Access Memory) yourself has the same outcome.

Considering all of what I've stated - unstable, incompatible, technical flaws, and another, bad history with Apple Inc, and with all that, double the price? A MacBook costs as much as an Alienware M11x, and isn't close to half as capable.

I think that Macs aren't worth the price, or just are too unreliable.

2. spookyfox profile image82
    spookyfoxposted 5 years ago

Only experience I've had with an Apple product was a friend's iPod touch and I found it really fun and comfortable. Also pretty of course. I'm really sick of windows, and I'd love to try a Mac computer.