jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (15 posts)

What is best free video downloader?

1. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

There seem to be many choices of free software that can be downloaded for the purpose of downloading videos from the web - such as YouTube, Google videos, etc.  One that I looked at turned out to be just a sample - a teaser to make you want to buy the actual product. 

Does anyone here know of actually free software for downloading videos?

1. 0
      Jeykishanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

download it and DONE. Easy

And YouTube also good

2. Aficionada profile image93

I looked at that, but it doesn't seem to be what I am trying to find.  Thanks anyway.

3. Aficionada profile image93

I wonder if anyone who is online now might give a suggestion about a (free?) video downloader that I could check out?

The one that I mentioned in a previous post advertised itself as being free.  Well, the sample was free, but the initial info did not state that the free part was merely a sample.

By sample, I mean that it allows three downloads before the trial period is over.  Not only that, but each download is only 50% of the original.

I realize that there may not actually be totally free software for downloading or capturing videos, but that's why I'm asking.  I don't want to spend hours and hours checking out every single link that recommends itself, only to find that each one is only recommending a trial period.  And I figure that the Hubber community boasts the kind of knowledge and experience that can help point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance, y'all!!

Ayup, eh?

4. 61
    akhileshonlyposted 5 years ago

the you tube down loader software is free but it only downloads small size videos.so to download we can use torrent software from many torrent websites.

5. kikikourosava profile image61
    kikikourosavaposted 5 years ago

i use orbitdownloader to download vids from youtube and http://www.btscene.com for torrents.

6. khmohsin profile image60
    khmohsinposted 5 years ago

Internet download manager 6.5 version

7. 61
    nancyjahnposted 3 years ago
  8. 61
    janesansanposted 3 years ago

You can download the video files with ease:http://mac.filesatoz.com/youtube-downlo … r-mac.html

9. electronician profile image92
    electronicianposted 2 years ago

If you have Windows 8 then 'MP3 Search' is an excellent app which downloads videos from YouTube and also gives you the option to convert the soundtrack into an mp3 file.

10. abidmian profile image60
    abidmianposted 2 years ago

Hi Aficionada,

No need to purchase pro versions of audio / video downloading softwares. In fact, you also don't need to get extra softwares to stuff in your machine. I have  a solution to your question. Most people browse internet through Mozilla Firefox. I hope you are one of them. If not, just google it and find the latest version of Mozilla Firefox from official website. After installation, sear for its add on namely "Download Helper". Install this add on and you have done all!!!
    Now, play any video or audio online, and icon of Download Helper will start swinging and turn itself into colorful icon. Just click it. You will find downloading options. You can download audio and video. If you want to download Youtube video, it will provide you different download links for different video resolution available with that uploaded video...
    Hope you will find it easy and helpful...

11. 60
    Shafiqloveposted 2 years ago

Thank you for share.

I know a more easy way to download videos with one click from websites.

You need to first install Bigasoft Video Downloader and there is a plug-in on the right top of the video every time you open one websites. Just click "Download", the video is on the way.

12. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

I love it when spammers randomly bump two year old forum threads....

13. 60
    pcfreeware1posted 22 months ago

i just found a free youtube video downloader here its 100% working and also downloading encrypted youtube videos check it out

14. NinetythreeProof profile image81
    NinetythreeProofposted 22 months ago

The most versatile, free tool I've used to download videos from a number of sources is a Google Chrome app called FVD Video Downloader. It's quick and easy without the need for extra software, and it runs directly from Chrome. You just click the icon and choose the video whenever a video is on the page.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta … eegenkdikp