jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Different adsense sizes= more $$

1. Bill Manning profile image71
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

I've been going over my adsense stats from the last two days. I just switched my tourist site to a new theme, and the top sidebar has a 300X250 adsense block.

It also shows both text and image ads. It often shows images ads instead of text.

My PPC has gone way up at around an average of over $1.00 per click! My daily income has already doubled from adsense.

I assume it is because those image ads pay very good for what they are targeting. They also fit my site very well.

So just a heads up for all you with a website. You might find you make a lot more simply from changing your ad sizes and using image ads. smile

2. Entourage_007 profile image79
    Entourage_007posted 5 years ago

Thank you for sharing this information.  I am just starting to build a website using wordpress.  I've built websites before but I've never considered changing the size of the adsense image ads.  If your adsense earnings increased by an average of $1.00 per click, it makes me curious what niche those image ads support.

Bill Manningposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well I am using this same theme on two sites. One is an Orlando tourist site, the other is an electronics site.

I get many Disney and vacation image ads on the first, and there seems to be hundreds of electronic image ads for the second.

the 300X250 size seems to be very popular with sponsors for making image ads with them.

I put in a 250x250 ad block and only get text. So, I think most niches will do well with a 300x250 size block. smile

3. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 5 years ago

300X250 size is very popular banner ad size.  It also works well for 3 text ads.

If you use the Google Keyword Tool, be sure to include the CPC column, then sort by CPC.  This will show you what advertisers are paying those keywords (on average).  Also look for a relatively good Global Monthly Search Volume..several thousand at least.

Then include those keywords in your [meta] keyword listings, and use them in your title, headings and frequently in your content.

The more relevant and subject-matched your keywords are, the more likely you are to get a click on the ads that Google finds for you..hopefully the higher paying ads.

Bill Manningposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks timorous, your advice is exactly what I do now. Can't wait to change my other sites to my new theme. smile