jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What are negative effects of social media on teenagers?

1. nagraaj profile image61
    nagraajposted 5 years ago

What are negative effects of social media on teenagers?

1. NateSean profile image84
      NateSeanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Can you elaborate a bit? What social media are you referring to? Internet, television, magazines?

2. 0
    Virtual Careersposted 5 years ago

The internet has become a great place for teenagers to socialize.  It has also become a place for bullying.  Parents must be in control of their childrens internet activities.  Like always it starts with good, smart parents!

3. 0
    Home Girlposted 5 years ago

Social media is thriving on sensacionalism. Do we need it in real life? Not really.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

next to peers, media (movies, TV and Internet not so much print media) influences largely the behavior of the youth today. Youth look for model behavior and as we can see most of the things we see from media are not that good.

are you talking about facebook, twitter etc?? I don't know if they have age requirements for youth to join these social media sites. By the time they are 18, they are considered young adult, so they maybe influenced more by the trending of whats in today i.e., visual media.

5. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

I think the negative effects are more damaging than we can tell at this time. But on a social level and being able to communicate in the real world, I think it's very damaging.

As far as devices, I see so many young drivers texting and not looking while driving. I think parents somehow need to enforce no devices while driving.

6. priyasinghindian profile image59
    priyasinghindianposted 5 years ago

They are becoming addicted to that..

if we consider facebook...there are many users especially teens..who are spending on facebook...

actually they are addicted to that.