jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

What technologies would you like to see in the next 50 years?

1. joshhunt83 profile image60
    joshhunt83posted 5 years ago

With technology currently advancing rapidly what will the next 50 years give us in terms of technological breakthroughs?

1. superwags profile image81
      superwagsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I hope that carbon nanotubes reach their full potential. These things could really revolutionise our world.

joshhunt83posted 5 years ago in reply to this

The scope for application of carbon nanotubes is quite astounding. This is an area of development I'll be watching carefully over the coming years.

2. LennyP profile image89
    LennyPposted 5 years ago

I want to see flying cars, spacecruisers, and robot maids. These are the things I was promised to have as a kid once the 21st century arrived. I'm not seeing them and I am pretty mad.

3. Tidy Toys profile image61
    Tidy Toysposted 5 years ago

Ive never understood why it isnt common place to be able to use your mobile phone to turn the central heating on in your house.

If I go away on holiday, Id like to have the heating on and hot bathwater waiting when I arrive home.

1. simeonvisser profile image88
      simeonvisserposted 5 years ago in reply to this

They better make that a very secure system, it could mess up a lot of things in your household otherwise.

4. Victoria Stephens profile image81
    Victoria Stephensposted 5 years ago

Better use of fossil fuels which would cost the average person very little to run a car or pay for heating etc.

5. livewithrichard profile image86
    livewithrichardposted 5 years ago

I live in a big congested city so I would like to see better trasportation, especially in the downtown area.

6. joshhunt83 profile image60
    joshhunt83posted 5 years ago

Some excellent ideas here. I'd certainly like a robot maid, I'm not very good at keeping my flat clean. I think we'll be seeing some significant advances in technology over the next 10 years in regard to renewable energy and also transportation. I write about these often in my hubs.

I would also like to see some more space exploration and start developing new space travel technologies.

Oh, and also a fully immersive gaming system where you can taste, touch, smell, hear and see while walking around a virtual environment. Am I asking for too much?

7. recommend1 profile image70
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

I would like to see a device that makes politicians exlode when they lie, church ministers automatically de-frock when they think the thoughts they castigate in others, all teh big supermarket chains go broke, and people working at home to stop the stupid motoring back and forth when 90% of people just sit in front of a computer all day anyway.

joshhunt83posted 5 years ago in reply to this

That sounds like a fantastic technology. Where can I get one?