jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How we can recover data from USB device ?

1. khmohsin profile image60
    khmohsinposted 5 years ago

How we can recover data from USB device ?

1. 61
      carddatarecoveryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi! you want to recover data from  USB drive?  Indeed, as long as your USB drive can be read as a drive by those recovery sofware, you can use them to get back lost data. However, you had better not use your device until you have gotten back data. It won't hurt you to use some trial version of data recovery software to scan your device, know more here: http://goo.gl/Nk1t3J

2. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 5 years ago

Dont cloak links, I scanned for viruses none found, I havent scanned the plugin download - I suggest not downloading it.

Usb flash drives if broken/corrupt cannot be recovered. A flash drive is just used to transport data from computer to computer, a back up should always be made.

If the use device is a harddrive like a Mybook from Western Digital, try to freeze it over night, then plug it in to see if it will work. If it doesn't you can try to pay someone to take the memory out and put it in a shelled unit, or give up and buy new storage.

3. johncimble profile image62
    johncimbleposted 5 years ago

Like the others said above, if you can use software try that. In the worst case scenario though you will have to send it away for recovery, which can be really expensive!

Always make sure you have multiple backups.

1. thejeffriestube profile image83
      thejeffriestubeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Pretty much, if it's flash, it's gone. Recovering flash drives is possible, but ridiculously expensive. That said, many of these "software tools" available online are just nefarious people trying to infitrate your system. Be careful!

4. markhubpages profile image60
    markhubpagesposted 5 years ago

khmohsin, visit this forum thread http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/37178  I answered how it could be recovered and what software to be used.