jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Computer Hardware

1. khmohsin profile image61
    khmohsinposted 5 years ago

What degree is best for designing computer hardware?

2. RedmanBrendan profile image60
    RedmanBrendanposted 5 years ago

Which hardware do you want to design? If you want to design CPUs I would recommend a degree in straight up computer engineering. I'm sure electrical engineering or a physics degree would do it as well. Computer engineering involves software/firmware design and hardware/software integration as well so it's probably the best. However I do know intel/AMD employ a ton of physicists for R&D. I do know AMD does internships, and that would be the best way to get your foot in the door!

The thing I would be concerned about with any other engineering degrees is there is the possibility you'd end up just doing fabrication instead of design. Which is really boring.

1. EricBr profile image60
      EricBrposted 5 years ago

Hey BrittBrannan,
      I was just checking out your hub, and I just want to let you know that I find it very interesting.  I have always really liked writing and computers, and hope to learn more about programming someday soon.
      I sure wish I knew more about comp. repair myself, so I wouldn't ever have to worry about my comp. breaking down.
      If you ever happen to have any more interesting data to share my user name is EricBr

1. BrittBrannan profile image60
        BrittBrannanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

1. 0
          Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I strongly advise against spamming the forum with any more of your promotional links. The forum rules are clear, the moderators can be unforgiving.

2. EricBr profile image60
        EricBrposted 5 years ago

Hello, BrittBrannan,   I really find your Hub very interesting.

3. 0
        Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Very well, madam, best of luck to you!

4. markhubpages profile image61
        markhubpagesposted 5 years ago

I think it is computer engineering