jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Submitted first sitemap

1. Bill Manning profile image72
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

I don't like giving Google all my information. But since my tourist site did a drop after using a new, very different theme I broke down and just submitted a sitemap to them.

I figured maybe the new theme is somehow hiding some pages and the map will help. Has anyone seen in improvement in thier site after submitting a sitemap?

I STILL don't like giving them all my info, but they seem to have it anyway. hmm

1. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I doubt it will help - unless you have really disconnected pages that are not linked to from any other page of your site. Sitemaps are for help with most complete indexing, not ranking. smile

2. syedusmanahmed profile image59
    syedusmanahmedposted 5 years ago

Sign up to google webmaster tools www.google.com/webmasters/tools/. Here you will find lots of information about your webistes including search trends, keywords that result your website, which sites are linking to your website. These things are necessary for Search Engine Optimization.

Remember that information could take about 1 month or more to appear on webmaster tools.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Webmaster tools are not necessary for SEO, although they do help.

You can only use Webmaster Tools on your own sites, not revenue share sites like Hubpages, and yet hubbers still use SEO.

1. syedusmanahmed profile image59
        syedusmanahmedposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Its not necessary but you need to push your SEO campaign to stay on top in the competition and here it comes necessary.

3. Bill Manning profile image72
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

Yeah I use webmaster tools on my own sites. They don't seem very accurate. hmm

working